EPAD offers a way of accessing the data, samples and image data collected during the EPAD Longitudinal Cohort Study (LCS), to academic researchers, institutions and companies from all over the world. This is shared through secure online Workspaces.
To access the data, you will need to make an online request via the Alzheimer’s Disease Workbench of the Alzheimer’s Disease Data Initiative (ADDI) here.
To access the samples and MRI imaging data, you will need to make an online request via the EPAD LCS Research Access Process (ERAP), explained below.
Datasets available and how do I apply?
- EPAD LCS V500.0 (published 19th May 2019) – doi:10.34688/epadlcs_v500.0_19.05.10
- EPAD LCS V1500.0 (published 29th November 2019) – doi:10.34688/epadlcs_v1500.0_19.11.29
- EPAD LCS V500.1 (published 4th May 2020) – doi:10.34688/epadlcs_v500.1_20.04.29
- EPAD LCS V.IMI (published 30th October 2020) – doi:10.34688/epadlcs_v.imi_20.10.30
To learn what data and associated metadata is available in the EPAD data releases before you apply, please refer to the relevant release’s Data Information Pack in the Supporting Media section below.
All the data collected and processed during the IMI period of EPAD are now available in the Alzheimer’s Disease Workbench to provide even greater value to the global neuroscience research community. Visit the ADDI Portal https://portal.addi.ad-datainitiative.org/ to sign in with your existing account or sign up if you don’t have an account yet. You need to be a registered user to be able to access the Alzheimer’s Disease Workbench. If you do not have an account, follow the instructions on registering for a Workspaces account page. After creating an account and logging in, you can request a workspace to access the EPAD data.
How do I apply to access samples and MRI imaging data?
Applications are made through a system called Wizehive. We have also provided a comprehensive video walkthrough of the application process.
- To set up an account with Wizehive, you need to provide the required information in the link on this page.
- Once this is received and checked by the ERAP Administration, you will receive an email explaining how to login to Wizehive.
- You only have to do this once, subsequent applications can be done directly in your Wizehive account.
- Next, complete your research access application, taking care to complete all sections of the form.
- Make sure you press “Submit” when your application is complete.
Notes on use of Wizehive:
- All applications must be submitted through Wizehive.
- Use the link that was provided to you by email from the EPAD Research Access Administration to access the Wizehive portal.
- The email address that you supplied in step 1 will be your User Name.
- You can reset your password using the Forgot Password link on the portal sign-in page.
- Use the Homepage to manage your applications by following the instructions on the screen.
- If you have any other issues accessing the Wizehive portal then you can contact us via the form below.
What happens next?
For data access only, your application will be processed within several business days.
For access to data with corresponding biological samples or MRI DICOM data, your application will be forwarded to the relevant Research Access Committee for consideration/approval. You will be contacted by the chair of the committee within 7-10 business days.
How to publish papers with EPAD data?
If you publish results that were generated using the EPAD data and/or samples then we do request acknowledgement of this and the grants that supported EPAD. Please refer to the EPAD Policy document for Publications in the Supporting Media section below. Further details are provided in this document, which outlines the policies for publication and publication credits for those who use EPAD data and/or samples.
If you have any technical difficulties accessing Aridhia DRE, please don’t hesitate in contacting us by filling in the contact form below.
Application Process Video
- WizeHive Guide, May 2019
- ERAP Webinar Tutorial, September 2019
- EPAD RAVE eCRF
- ERAP Periodic Reporting Guide
- V.IMI Data Dictionary
- V.IMI Data Access Terms and Conditions