Data and samples have been collected from participants across a wide-range of outcomes at each annual visit, refer to the content below. The 6-month visit collected data on cognition only. The EPAD dataset now also offers genomic data for researchers through the ADDI platform.
You can download the EPAD protocol here.
For more information about the EPAD LCS protocol, refer to the following paper:
European Prevention of Alzheimer’s Dementia Longitudinal Cohort Study (EPAD LCS): study protocol.
Alina Solomon et al. BMJ Open 2019 Feb 19;8(12):e021017.
Cognitive Outcomes – RBANS Total Scale Index Score
- Verbal Episodic Memory: List Learning & Story Memory
- Visual Episodic Memory: Figure recall
- Visuospatial/Constructional: Figure Copy & Line Orientation
- Language: Picture Naming
- Attention/Executive Functioning: Semantic Fluency, Digit Span, Coding
- Working Memory: Dot Counting (NIH EXAMINER)
- Choice Reaction Time and Set Shifting: Flanker (NIH EXAMINER)
- Paired Associate Learning: Favourites (University of California, San Francisco)
CSF Biomarker Outcomes
Neuroimaging Outcomes (MRI)
- Hippocampal & whole brain volume
- Allocentric Space: Four Mountains Task (University College London/University of York)
- Navigation in Egocentric Space: Virtual Reality Supermarket Trolley (University College London)
Other Clinical Outcomes
- Everyday functioning: Amsterdam Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Questionnaire
- Multi-region structural and functional MRI analysis
- Functional regional and network measures
CSF Biomarker Outcomes
- TREM-2, neurofilament light, and neurogranin
- Sociodemographic and lifestyle factors, family history of AD/dementia in first degree relatives, medical history, comorbidity, medication use, BMI, waist-hip ratio, blood pressure.
- Clinical Dementia Rating Scale (CDR)
- Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE)
- Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS), State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI), Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI).
- Vascular burden (WML, infarcts, lacunes, microbleeds, superficial siderosis)
- Dementia diagnosed by the participant’s physician
- Physical examination
- APOE genotype
- Polygenic Risk Scores
- Collection of CSF and blood, urine & saliva samples for future biomarker assessments (emerging AD biomarkers): beta-amyloid, t-tau, p-tau, (neurofilament light, TREM 2, and neurogranin).
How do I apply?
EPAD offers a way of accessing the data collected during the EPAD LCS. For more information, click here.